Brian's Poker Blog

Hey all, I'm using this blog to record my experiences with online poker! Grinding from $50 to wherever it takes me, starting at .01/.02 NL cash games.

My journey into online poker!!

Posted by Brian On 2:03 AM

Hey all, I am starting this blog mainly to track my poker progress, but I will probably add in some other stuff as well. I started playing in late Jan. of this year with a free $50 bankroll at Absolute Poker. As a college student going for an Electrical Engineering major I have virtually no time for a part-time job, but I do have lots of free time that I waste away on Facebook etc. I decided to give poker a shot, after hearing about some of my friends placing in tournaments etc. I am doing this mostly for fun, but also as a learning experience, and a shot at some extra cash. (Also my mom thinks I'm wasting my time, so I want to prove to her that poker is indeed a game of skill that CAN be consistently beaten).

At the start of March I changed my game from playing fit-or-fold mass multi-tabling, to using a HUD and thinking about opponent hand ranges, etc (and playing 4-6 tables). This has resulted in my redline being almost flat, (vs a huge downward slope) and a markedly improved winrate. Today I had my best session ever, won over 5 Buy-In's!! In 4 hours I made over half of my previous total profits (that took me a month to get)!! Hopefully I can keep the roll going.

Current BR: $70.58
Current Stakes: .01/.02 NL Hold'em

Categories: